Thank you for your interest in the Kathleen Saadat Leadership Fund!
Kathleen Saadat is a pioneer of intersectional organizing, having been a movement leader for the Black, LGBTQ and women’s movements in Oregon for more than 45 years.
The leadership fund has been set up in Kathleen’s honor and will give money directly to Black LGBTQ Oregonians who want to take the next step in their personal leadership journey – whether it’s taking a class, applying for a business license, buying supplies to put on a community event, or facilitating events to speak with local community elected and legislators about issues that matter to their communities.
Who Can Apply:
- Black LGBTQIA+ individuals in the state of Oregon
- Grassroots, Black-led and -run organizations, with a proven track record of serving the Black community, can request $1,000 to $5,000
- Small organizations and all-volunteer groups with budgets under $50,000 can request $1,000 to $5,000
- Open Application Period: November 13-December 4
- Application Review Period/Large Request Interview: December 7-11
- Candidate Notification and Distribution of Funds: Week of December 14
Please either fill out the written application below by December 4 OR submit a video application, answering the below questions in no more than 5-10 minutes, to Iden Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 4.
Questions or concerns? You can contact Iden Campbell at email@example.com