Oregon United for Marriage is Hiring: Digital Director
About Oregon United for Marriage:
Oregon United for Marriage is building a broad coalition of individuals and organizations to win the freedom to marry for same-sex couples in Oregon. We believe marriage and family are about love and commitment, working together, bettering the community, raising children, and growing old together. We believe in an Oregon that supports strong families and values freedom and equality. And we believe that marriage matters to all Oregonians.
Basic Rights Oregon and Oregon United for Marriage has an immediate opening for a full-time Digital Director. We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our existing team, focused on winning marriage equality in Oregon. This position will lead the digital strategy that drives a majority vote in favor of marriage equality in November 2014.
The Digital Director will work as part of a dynamic communications team and will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive digital strategy for the Oregon United for Marriage campaign, including social media, email strategy, online fundraising, rapid list growth, and online advertising. The Digital Director will work under the supervision of the Communications Director, and will work closely with the Field, Outreach, and Finance Directors.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Direct all web and social media presences of the campaign.
- Manage the campaign’s CRM (customer/constituent relationship management) system, including oversight of the campaign’s membership list, online actions, online fundraising pages and other functions as needed.
- Develop social media content designed to grow and motivate core supporters, and persuade new supporters to join our effort. Provide coalition partners with shareable social media content.
- Manage campaign website, in coordination with external web design and programming team.
- Oversee design and distribution of campaign-related apps and online organizing tools.
- Manage, draft, send and track metrics for all communication with the campaign’s email list.
- With Finance Director, design and implement on online fundraising strategy.
- Train and manage additional communications staff and/or volunteers, as needed. Train other campaign staff as needed on use of digital and social media tools.
- Manage relationships with external digital strategy consultants, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience managing a large email program, including strategy development and content creation.
- Experience executing social media campaigns and knowledge of innovations in emerging digital media.
- Experience creating pages, blast emails and other content with a CRM suite such as Salsa, BSD Tools, Kintera, NGP/VAN, Blackbaud, Convio or others.
- Attention to measurable results.
- Ability to be a team player and work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work evenings and weekends when projects demand it.
- Curiosity about all aspects of the LGBT community. Prior experience working in LGBT community is strongly desired.
- Top-notch “people skills,” including excellent oral and written communication skills, are a must.
Salary DOE & benefits available
Submit resume, cover letter and the names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews conducted on a rolling basis, priority will be given to applications received by May 22, 2013. Position open until filled.