Basic Rights Oregon is committed to being a resource for community groups, employers and organizations to ensure that LGBTQ Oregonians experience equality. We receive more requests for speakers and trainings than we can fulfill. Your best bet is to submit your training and/or speaking request with at least two months advance notice of your meeting or event to provide us with adequate time to evaluate our capacity and tailor the training or remarks to meet the needs of your organization or refer you to appropriate resources.
Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your name
- Event date
- Event location
- Length of presentation and format (i.e. panel with Q & A, lecture, workshop, etc.)
- Audience size and description
- Brief description of event including what specific topics/learning you want to be addressed in our presentation
Some popular presentation topics include:
- Creating Transgender Inclusive Workplaces
- History of LGBTQ Equality in Oregon
- Coming Out for Racial Justice: Building an Anti-Racist Commitment in LGBTQ Work
We strive to share our resources readily with partners, however depending on the request, a training fee or speaker honorarium maybe reasonable and will directly support our critical work to increase equality for LGBTQ Oregonians.
Requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If a presentation request cannot be met within the timeline provided, every attempt will be made to make a referral to appropriate services in a timely manner. We also have a broad network of effective partner groups and trainers and may be able to share a resource that’s a better fit.
For more information, please email email@example.com