Join us Friday October 11th at the Portland Art Museum for Basic Rights Oregon’s annual gala IGNITE: Get Engaged! We’re looking for folks who like dressing up, rubbing elbows, at helping out to serve as event staff for the evening. Here’s a list of volunteer roles we have available this year and the associated time commitments.
- Check in/out – Work in our computerized auction system to check folks in and out (4:30-11:00pm – with breaks!)
- Registration runner – Assist with registration by pulling bid cards and auction items (4:30-9:30pm)
- Raffle Ticket & Grab Bag Sales – Work the crowd selling raffle tickets and gift certificate grab bags (7:00-10:30ish – this role will last until we sell out of grab bags or do the raffle drawing)
- Set Up Help – help us load in and set up! Sturdy, comfortable shoes recommended. (9:30am-12:30pm OR 12:00-2:00pm)
- Clean Up Help – help us stack chairs, load up supplies, and pack decor! Sturdy, comfortable shoes recommended. (8:15-9:00pm OR 10:30pm-midnight)
Volunteers who help in with any of the above roles are welcome to enjoy the party for free whenever they aren’t working! We will try to provide a break for registration folks so they can also join in the fun during that longer shift. We will provide training, name tags, snacks, and beverages, so all you need to do is show up looking fabulous.
If you are interested, let Jack (email@example.com) know which roles would be your first and second choices! Questions? Email Jack or give us a call at 503-683-2046.
Thanks so much for your support – we hope you can join us!